Kevin B. Chavous
For National Committeeman
As your Democratic National Committeeman, I will be ready to continue my hard work on behalf of the Democratic Party by helping to take the lead in organizing and boosting local Democrats. I will also serve as a bold, youthful voice on behalf of DC and its Democrats.
As a proven leader with track record of working with fellow Democrats to promote the party, I will be ready to fight against the most extreme GOP rhetoric and leverage my personal network of national strategists and fundraisers to boost the party.
Leadership & Experience
My relevant DC Committeeman experience includes:
DC Young Democrats Presidents (2015-2019)
- Raised thousands of dollars and organized thousands of young Democrats
- Helped rally support for Democrats in DC elections and in local elections (MD/VA/PA)
DC Democratic State Committee Member (2015-Present)
- Assisted 2 different administrations on issues of board governance and procedure
- Twice elected as Add-On member by the Committee itself; got the most votes of any add-on candidate in 2020
- Bylaw Committee Chair since 2018
Democratic Strategist/Political Commentator
- Made over 100 appearances on national and international news outlets while consistently defining and promoting Democratic candidates and initiatives.
Kevin was born and raised in the Hillcrest/Penn Branch neighborhood of Ward 7, where he currently lives with his wife and two young children. He is a Gonzaga College High School, Howard University and Howard University School of Law alumnus. Kevin is a licensed attorney in the District of Columbia.
Kevin is also:
- Member of DC State Committee
- Member of United Planning Organization Board of Directors
Paid for by Chavous for DNC, 3577 Texas Ave. SE, Washington, DC 20020
A copy of our report is filed with the DC Office of Campaign Finance